With Diwali right around the corner, it’s time to bring those playing cards out and invite your friends over! (This works just as well for a house-party FYI!)
Host the best Diwali party by turning your usual Diwali games into drinking games, but leave out the hangovers. How? Just give a bottle of Morning Fresh to everyone as their last drink of the night so that they wake up feeling rejuvenated and ready for the next Diwali party!
Here’s a list of fun drinking games that are fuss-free, easy to play in groups and can easily be played anywhere.
1. Ring of fire:
With at least 4-6 players, a Ring of Fire can really get your party started!
How to play:
- First everyone sits in a circle with a drink of their choice.
- Next, everyone picks a fair dealer. This dealer is called the “dealer of death.”
- Rule #1: If players fail to refer to the dealer as the “dealer of death,” they will have to drink for 5 seconds.
- Rule #2: The “dealer of death” distributes the cards facing up.
- Rule #3: If the card dealt to a player matches with a card dealt to the person sitting on the left or right, the card becomes “active”. The cards can match in number or suit.
- Rule #4: All the players with an “active” card must drink for the number of seconds matching the card value. For example, if the card is a 7 of spades, the player will drink for 7 seconds.
- This dealer will count the seconds by tapping the table.
- The game ends when all cards are pulled.
2. Screw the Dealer:
Raise the stakes with this drinking game!
How to play:
- Everybody sits around a table with their favourite drink.
- The deck is placed face-down and the chosen dealer starts the game.
- The dealer asks the player sitting on their left to guess the card on top of the deck.
- Only the dealer can see the card on top of the deck.
- If the guess is correct, the dealer takes 4 sips of the drink.
- If the guess is wrong, the dealer tells the player “higher” or “lower” and the player can take a second guess.
- If the second guess is also wrong, the player has to drink the difference between the guess and the card. For example, if the card was a 6 and the guess was 4, the player takes 2 sips.
- If the second guess is correct, the games moves on the next player and the next card on top of the deck.
- This game can continue clockwise until the deck is out.
Literally, any card game can be turned into a drinking game, with Morning Fresh’s Playing Card Set. So here is a twist on the age-old card game of “Challenge”, which can be a card drinking game, played online or offline!
The objective of this game is to get rid of all cards in your hand first.
- Everybody is dealt an equal number of cards each.
- The player on the left of the dealer starts first with aces which is put on the center of the table, face down.
- Everybody must put down aces face down and announce how many aces they are putting down.
- If a player doesn’t have an ace, they still have to play a card but lie, saying that that card is an ace.
- The key is to be as believable as possible so someone doesn’t doubt your play.
- If someone does doubt the play, they call “Challenge” you and check the card(s).
- If the person who challenged is right, the player has to have the number of drinks/shots as the value of the card (Ace = 1 drink, Jack = 11 drinks).
- The drinking game continues from aces through twos, threes, and so on, until a king is played.
4. Never Have I Ever:
Whether this is the first game of the night or the last, it makes for some really fun memories for the weeks to follow. Check out the Morning Fresh’s “Never Have I Ever” game set for a list of quirky questions that’s bound to help you get to know your friends better!
The person on the dealer’s left picks up a card from the Never Have I Ever card deck and reads it out. Whoever has done the activity written on the card, including the person drawing the card, takes a shot/sip. This may sound like you’ll be doing a lot of shots, but don’t worry, make Morning Fresh your last shot of the night so you wake up with the fun memories and not the hangover!
Check out Morning Fresh’s playing cards, that make for the perfect edition to your house parties, complete with fun facts, quirky illustrations and access to a portal filled with fun drinking games that you can explore!